Monday, February 20, 2012

Background to Silenced Appeal: Utah Boers and Blacks

During the Apartheid South Africa, Boers told you face to face: " Don't go in through this door. It is for whites only. Take that door for blacks and dogs!" And you understood.

But in Utah, I was arrested, but was not told for what crime. Those who arrested me told me that since I was not in school, I had to go back to Africa.,  but they knew that there were pending questions in Utah courts to demand that Weber State University officials where I attended college respond. They knew tht Weber State Universities response to these questions were core to the unresolved designation of my student in the US. They knew that being a student was not complete until I had obtained credentials to that effect but they chose to arrest me nonetheless. This was wrong and unjust.

They knew that I was then as I am now still waiting for Weber State to release my diploma.  In addition for students who are done with school in the US, there is an option to work for one year in the area of study and then go to their home countries or wherever they choose. In my case, I was told I lost status to be in the US at least a year before graduation for my Masters Degree for a loss that allegedly happened somewhere in my undergrad. To date, I still  do not know the reason for the loss of status but those who knew where it went blamed university computers for the damage or non-existence of my valid status I had when I landed on WSU grounds.

Because of their alleged  loss of my immigration status, I lost financial support that was only available when and if I was in good standing. I lost credibility of friends who thought "I was hiding something" and who did not believe that there is  a computer could cause someone irreversible damage, that could get dates and names and several data wrong damaged for good.  In the meantime, my family and I went for days without food so that I could pay fees to represent myself in court, to defend errors, but not my errors. In the courts, officials used technical maneuvres to dodge questions and silenced my rights.
 I suffered intense grief and was devastated in a foreign country. At this time the members of the university staff were playing time killing games so that I would run out of time for courts.  Why would these professionals, religious leaders, academicians and scholars hold on to acts of cruelty which they knew were apt to destroy a life and a family?

The majority of those who worked on this case at the university where I attended were LDS/Mormon with whom we shared sacrament right across the university. In the community, it was still Mormons that in vanity I was  appealing  for  resolution of their wrongdoings , expecting them to impose justice on one of them or on themselves. But one judge called Nixon had a clever solution.


Utah Immigration Judge William Nixon ordered that I return back to the country where I fled death threats. Not only did Judge Nixon ignore glaring and severe falsehoods in charging documents, his court refused to look at all of the information I wanted to share and created a barrier for me to present a record on sexual assault by a man who owns/owned a burger business on about 6500 S and State Street in Salt Lake City Utah. There is a document written by Bishop Reese acknowledging that mishandling of my immigration files (which were student files at the university) had brought me intense grief. There is a document in this case recording that I am a man instead of a woman, yet I have not filed any sex-organ change with this or any other court. Yet in the United States individuals do not just suddenly prefer you male and start addressing you as such: I am a  female, woman.

I am a woman. I am a divorced mother.  I am a human rights activist. , and have been since Apartheid in South Africa. Even in that troubled part of the world, I had never been arrested . It had to be here in Utah where sanctity and belief in God is how the outside world is to Understand Utah, and with understand in capital, U.

I know you want to know if Judge Nixon is a woman.  Judge William Nixon is a man in the late sixties or early seventies.  He is Mormon/LDS and he is white man.

The history of blacks, women,  Mormons, and justice makes it easy for you to understand why Judge William Nixon was "justified" in not standing with justice in a case like this. In the Mormon theology blacks inherited a curse of God that no sound man or woman can expect a mortal judge to undo. They say church and state are separate, yet the same people have not, disavowed the racist tendencies in the religion because they cannot unsay God's words.

Media has been pepper sprayed with comments that those speaking against Mormon racism are "bigoted", or "anti-Mormon" in an attempt to create a tool for fear in those who speak out.

 The modus operandi does not stop anyone from telling the truth. What it may to is to create a longing for a safety haven from which racist Mormon stories can be told.

You will see in some of the court records that have padlocks on them that in my particular case is one of the filthiest acts of injustice in Utah. A simple case that could have been resolved by a ten year old was paced with lies, one after the other because one thing that matters in the religion is how things look...if you have read one good book Victorian you get the sense.

In that manner, to compel a black person, a woman who is single and with limited resources, to compel her to give up her conscience and dignity and pretend that errorneous documents are correct when she knows they are not correct and when she knows it was against her values as a person is wrong. To compel her to cross the borders of the United States with erroneous "qualifications" is wrong. To compel her to spend  her life defending someone else's lie is wrong.

If you have a moment, ask The Deseret News in Utah why it is that they are the only major paper that did not cover the story I have told you about in this blog....

With a tear drop on my foolscap paper, and feather and ink, I wrote Silenced Appeal and a record of evil dispensed by religious leaders and wished everyday that I could uncome to Utah and unbring my children to another Gehenna, and unbring my only late sister's adoptive son to the care of a mother who herself could not escape Utah Apartheid necklacing fire.


Relevant Readings:
http://chattanooga.backpage.com/LegalServices/mormonisms-black-issues-long-and-peculiar-history-of-discrimination-against-african-americans/2633953




No comments:

Post a Comment